Banner Logo

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

By Appointment Only

English not your first language? Choose the best language for you from this dropdown.

Temporary Residency


What is a temporary resident visa (TRV)?

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an official counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

Holding a TRV does not guarantee entry to Canada. The admission of foreign nationals into Canada as temporary residents is a privilege, not a right

Visitor Visa:

A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that we stick in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada.

Most travelers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.

You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.

Fees: From: $100
Processing time : Varies by country

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give biometrics.

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.

At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, ask the border officer after you finish at the kiosk.

Make sure you need a visitor visa before you apply

You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:

  • the type of travel document you plan to travel with
  • the country that issued your travel document
  • your nationality
  • your method of travel to Canada for this trip

Temporary residents: Super Visa

The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and the Minister of Public Safety issued Ministerial Instructions concerning the parents and grandparents extended stay temporary resident visa (TRV) (super visa) and the authorized period of extended stay.

These Ministerial Instructions were issued in accordance with the ministerial authority found in subsection 15(4) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and direct officers to consider issuing to eligible parents and grandparents a multiple-entry TRV for up to 10 years, with the status period extending for up to 2 years on each entry to Canada.

Eligibility criteria and documentary requirements

An applicant is eligible for a super visa if they meet the requirements for temporary residence in Canada as a visitor and provide the additional required documentation. Specifically, they must provide the following:

  • proof of their relationship to the child or grandchild (who must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident), such as:
  • a copy of the child’s or grandchild’s birth certificate;
  • a copy of the child’s or grandchild’s baptismal certificate; or
  • other official document naming the applicant as the parent.
  • proof of a medical examination and of being admissible on health grounds;
  • satisfactory evidence of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company valid for a minimum period of 1 year from the date of entry that (all must apply):
    • covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
    • provides a minimum of $100,000 coverage;
    • is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by the examining officer upon request.
    • a letter of invitation written and signed by the host child or grandchild promising financial support for the entire duration the applicant intends to stay in Canada;
  • evidence of the child’s or grandchild’s means of providing financial support through meeting the low income cut-off (LICO) minimum (a co-signer may be added to meet the LICO minimum) in the form of 1 of the following documents:
  • The most recent copy of the notice of assessment (if the child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of their notice of assessment on file, they can view and print their tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the Canada Revenue Agency My Account online service by visiting www.cra.gc.ca/myaccountto register or log in);
  • the most recent copy of the child’s or grandchild’s T4 or T1;
  • an original letter from the child’s or grandchild’s employer stating their:
    • job title;
    • job description;
  • the child’s or grandchild’s employment insurance pay stubs, including:
    • a letter from an accountant confirming the child’s or grandchild’s annual income, if they are self-employed;
    • proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.)

Note: The proof of financial requirements (LICO) must include details about the number of people in the host’s household and proof of income at the appropriate level for the total number of people, including the visiting parent(s) or grandparent(s). However, it is not meant to cover family members in the visitor’s household who are not visiting, regardless of whether they could eventually be included as dependants in the visitor’s FC4 application.

Temporary Residence : How it Works

Submit profile in pool of candidates if eligible

Streams for temporary residency are :

  • Visitor
  • Study
  • Worker
  • Parent / Grandparent Super visa.

Create documentation

Fill in the appropriate application package and gather the supporting documentation as per the IRCC document checklist.

Apply for Study Permit (Within Canada)

Get the application package reviewed by us before your final submission.

Submit your completed application package, pay your required government fees (Biometrics,Medical Etc).

Pre-Departure Guide

After you are granted your Temporary Resident Visa please Connect With the ArriveCan app for further instructions.

Chamber Of Commerce
2023 Canada Games